UberGlobal Business provides the confidence of business class hosting with Australian 24/7 phone support and a variety of dedicated hosting and managed services.
UberGlobal Enterprise offers reliability and secruity through managed infrastructure, platform and software responses for clients seeking enterprise grade solutions.
UberGlobal Wholesale provides whitelabel reseller services via our SaaS and IaaS platform. Generate revenue for your business using our products and services.
Customer account login for:
Hosting control panel
Accounts and billing
Domain names
Legacy brand accounts
UberGlobal Community Forums

Concrete5 and new memory limits

I'm having resource issues on several sites using Concrete5. These sites have all been running fine for years and for the past few weeks they are spiking out and failing. I've submitted support tickets only to be told that the sites are using too much resources and need to be optimised.

The sites generally run at about 5-10mb memory usage each, but seem to spike when a user is logged in for editing, generating 500 Internal Server Errors and causing the page controls to fail. Refreshing the page sometimes brings it back up, but only about 1 in 3 times.

Preconfigured (and recommended) settings for Cloud Linux are for 1gig of virtual ram per instance on shared hosting. This should be plenty and as per the Cloud Linux documentation should allow for up to 5,000 accounts per server. Why have Jumba decided to limit this to 256mb initially? Now it looks like they've upgraded this to 512mb but I'm still getting intermittent errors.

I've recommended Jumba to dozens of my clients and built all their sites in Concrete5. This is costing me time and money to troubleshoot for something that has "just worked" for the past 3-4 years. Not happy Jan.

Is Jumba is no longer a suitable Concrete5 host?

Me too!

I'm having the same problem, and don't know if submitting another ticket is going to help at all.